Tyler Technologies is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Public Safety Interface Development team . Responsibilities for this position include design, development , deployment, and maintenance of interfaces between New World Public Safety products, 3 rd party vendors, and intra-divisional Tyler Technologies integrations .
Ideal candidates will have an in- depth knowledge of software design and development using Microsoft .NET platform technologies . This position requires working in highly collaborative teams that follow Agile practices as well as strong problem solving and communication skills . Responsibilities
- Work with the Technical Project Managers to understand customer requirements prior to and during the development process
- Deploy software and work directly with customers and 3 rd parties on testing and gathering feedback throughout the deployment phase
- Support and maintain existing interface implementations
- Follow the development practices of the public safety interface development team
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to solve complex technical problems
- Continually grow development and personal skillsets while bringing your ideas to interface development team and leadership
Travel/Home-Based | Troy, MichiganTravel
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing and programming commercial-grade software applications
- 2+ years of object-oriented design experience
- 2+ years of C# or other object-oriented programming language experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal technical teams & potentially technical or non-technical customer representatives
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly and proactively
- Experienced in the .NET framework ecosystem , multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming models.
- Familiarity with REST, SOAP, (S)FTP, and other web communication technologies
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Experience using development tools such as Visual Studio, JIRA, TFS , Git
- Familiarity with industry-standard development practices (Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS services and development is helpful, not required
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.