Software Engineer Opportunity - The team is seeking someone to perform at a high level contributing to the technical team, and someone who has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, excellent communication and relationship skills, and is willing to work with a distributed team.
Your role is solving deep technical problems and building creative solutions in a dynamic environment working with a team of curious, passionate software development engineers. You should be experienced and comfortable building for the cloud – globally distributed all-active deployments, horizontal scalability, fault tolerance, securing the environment, and more.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Skills: Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design/Debug/Test
- 6 - 9 years of experience In depth knowledge of and experience with AWS services at scale, including Kinesis, EMR, Athena, SQS, DynamoDB, EC2 auto scaling groups, IAM and securing AWS deployment pipelines.
- 7+ years of professional related DevSecOps experience with AWS or
- 7+ Java/J2EE experience and object oriented methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, particularly in both production and non-production networks.
- Successfully developed for large scale distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software Understanding of and practical experience with the principles of crafting and building production quality services and APIs.
- Experience securing pipelines for continuous delivery, experience with Jenkins and other build pipeline tools a plus Well versed in cloud orchestration using Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar technologies
- Experience in the design/build/maintenance/refactor of large scale low latency high performance systems
- Experience with Java Multi-threading involving fault tolerant highly scalable systems Knowledge of various SQL and NoSQL databases such MS SQL, DynamoDB, RDS, and Aurora
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures Agile methodologies, TDD, Code review, documentation standard methodologies, Strong secure coding skills
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills required.
- An ability and motivation to research and address problems and learn quickly.
- Desired Skills A GitHub account with some cool projects in it TDD proponent