At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
Our Digital Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer Advisor/Tech Coach in Plano location that will be playing a key role in helping to further our Digital Engineering capabilities and bring in key transformational changes to how we develop, test and deploy microservices based applications using cloud native architecture.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to architect and design complex solutions, establish software engineering best practices, and influence key stakeholders. You will solve problems through innovation and applying cutting-edge tools and technologies such as AWS, utilizing Microservices-based architecture, APIs, and more to build on cloud-native solutions.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will provide expert advice to the team, coach developers on engineering best practices, participate in designing, developing, testing, and/or maintaining complex and critical application systems.THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Digital Engineering - Software Engineering - Advisor
role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of the partner teams across multiple projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs.
- Design and develop software solutions and at times lead matrixed teams
- Establish software development best practices and coach/guide the software engineering community on the best practices
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software
QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience in leading complex technology teams
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills. Strong ability to mentor/coach team members as well as experience in influencing senior leadership
- Experience as a Technical Coach to provide technical guidance in designing and architecting critical software applications
- Ability to scale and coach multiple teams in parallel on their Cloud migration and adoption journeys
- At least 8 years of experience in Java/J2EE and related technologies with solid understanding of design principles
- Demonstrated background in publishing technical white papers and presenting to large audiences, including executives
- Extensive experience in developing cloud native capabilities including implementation, development and support experience
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with Microservices, RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of API ecosystems, CI/CD and DevOps principles, and design thinking
- Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering function
Reference ID: REF3222O
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.