Our well established southwest Austin client has a need for a Software Engineer to join their thriving organization. The Software Engineer will participate in designing new functionality in our software solution as well as modifying existing software. This role develops, modifies and maintains applications that will be used by our customers as well as internally. This position participates in design and coding activities with other engineers in an Agile scrum environment. This is a great opportunity to work in a Cloud and distributed systems environment along with utilizing IoT.
- Five plus years working in large-scale or complex applications
- Experience in full .NET web application software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, C#, SQL Server, Entity Framework, LINQ, SOAP, REST, and (MVC or .Net Core).
- Experience working with Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, and unit testing
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
- Passionate about software development and delivering quality applications with stability and reliability
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools in an agile environment.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing data architecture for product.
- Develops new functionality with an eye towards stability, re-use, and reliability.
- Performs maintenance programming for existing version.
- Strong team player by helping to encourage best practices, participate in code review sessions, and encourages team continuous improvement.