Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other engineers as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Why you'll love this job:
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth domain expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop applications in compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Follow design and code standards, chipping in to continuous improvement discussions
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Contribute to the design of components or individual programs
- Provide production support for applications as needed
- Work with authorities reviewing technical designs and specifications
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of client/server and object-oriented software development applying
- Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, Python
- Web Frameworks: Spring MVC/REST, Spring Boot, or any MVC J2EE Framework
- ORM Frameworks: JPA, Hibernate, and/or myBatis
- 3 - 4 years of software development experience in designing, implementing large, complex, distributed OLTP systems
- 2+ years of experience with Tomcat or other Application servers
- Knowledge of relational databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL. Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, programming and unit-testing. Experience in software development using CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected.
- Knows the latest on changes in their own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date.
- Collaborates well within and across teams.
- Communicates openly with team members and others.
- Resolves disagreements between colleagues effectively, minimizing the impact on the wider team.
- Works with the team to review deliverables and ensure quality and accuracy. Adheres to established rules and procedures when performing work.
Who We Are:
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing clarity and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.