Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer
This job will have the following responsibilities:
* This is a software engineer position for ta home grown application. The Application is used for feature testing of set-top devices prior to their deployment in customer's homes.
* Responsibilities include understanding and gathering requirements, turning those requirements into action items, and implementing those action items in the form of software code.
* Additional responsibilities include deploying the application into a test environment, configuring set-top devices to run against the application, and ensuring that the application produces the desired results.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* The candidate should have a strong problem solving and Java development skills, a firm working knowledge of sockets and operating in a multi-threaded environment, and experience with a graphical toolkit such as AWT, Swing, or SWT.
* Furthermore, the candidate should be familiar and comfortable with embedded systems using Linux.
* Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline, with 3 to 5 years of experience working with the above technologies.