Title: Software Engineer
front end design, front end development,
applications development, database, data management, ETL processing, infrastructure capability, constraints,
leveraging DevSecOps, lean development principles, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery,
software test automation, TDD, Unit Testing Frameworks, Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Cypress,
AWS Cloud environment,
Agile, Scrum, Agile Development,
Pre Assessment coding test,
Software development process, software development, programming,
product development, Product design, analysis
Software Engineer II
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete product or significant portion of a product it supports. This level develops simple designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel; Makes decisions within established guidelines subject to review by supervisors; Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level: The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the client Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
Education: Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (1 - 3 years)
* Software development processes experience. (1 - 3 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (1 - 3 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (1 - 3 years)
Specific Position Requirements
• Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management, ETL processing, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints. 3+ years experience in Informatica, Oracle, etc.
• Proven deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (1+ years - such as Jenkins)
• Deep experience with software test automation (TDD and Unit Testing Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Cypress) (1+ years)
• Experience in developing and deploying solutions in an AWS Cloud environment.
• Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment (1+ years)
• Proven experience working in a team environment
Pre-Assessment coding test should be in Java.
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Please send your resumes and one of our recruiter will get in touch with you.
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008