What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for software application development for new and ongoing telecommunications and data communications products. These efforts will be aimed at customer retention and revenue expansion.
What we're looking for...
- Design, develop, and test custom software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
- Analyze customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
- Coordinate with project management, software architects, and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
- Support the scoping and implementation of technical solutions: estimate, prioritize, and coordinate development activities.
- Apply both procedural and object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
- Author technical documentation.
- Support QA team in developing test plans.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four of more years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field, or relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant technology field.
- Seven years or more experience in software development.
- Experience with Java in an enterprise environment with common frameworks like Spring, Hadoop, JSF, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with web development, HTML, CSS, and web design tools for wireframes and mockups.
- Experience with relational databases such as MariaDB and Postgres.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Soft skills in working with other engineering and analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Experience with Microservices architecture patterns and tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools for automation of build, packaging, deployment, and testing.
- Knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
- Experience with messaging/streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with Atlassian's agile development tools including Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of information security and data protection best practices.
- Knowledge of networking technology for telecommunications and data communications.
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.