The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the Performance Management and Innovation team.
The Software engineer will be responsible for developing applications that focus on network data warehousing, manipulation, and presentation. The Software Engineer will write code and perform unit and integration testing to ensure applications are developed, modified and tested to ensure minimal errors exist and all code is written to be compliant with all pertinent DoD security guidelines. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics.
• Responsible for the planning, design and implementation of system interfaces required to support current and new capability requirements all related to network configuration and performance data
• Review and evaluate system and technical specifications, designs, analyses, and test plans/procedures/results
• Establish system level integration with COTS products through API development
• Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Develop Extract Transform and Load (ETL) procedures for various data sets into a centralized database
• Create database schemas and stored procedures to facilitate data consolidation efforts
• Develop relevant government engineering documentation
• Provide technical advice to the management team
• Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the security posture the client's user environments
• Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
• Experience with network device CLI and API data extraction processes
• Experience in both data tier and web tier development
• Experience using TOAD for Oracle and Visual Studio tools
• Thorough knowledge of: Database Management (troubleshoot database tables and create new tables); Application administration, (i.e., updates, STIGS, code review/coding, change requests); and Data Migration
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Strong knowledge of Telecommunications, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
• Able to work independently and with a team
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• Understanding of with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
• Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
• Ability to innovate
• Understanding of network operations