May 26, 2021
Job Description Job Title:
Software Engineer - Analytical Solutions Location:
Portland, ORAbout this Role:
Comscore is a big data media measurement and behavioral analytics company. We analyze the behavior of millions of consumers across multiple platforms, including digital, television, and box office. We make advertising more valuable for our customers by providing insights into audiences, content and ad inventory.
As a Software Engineer on Comscore's Analytical Solutions team, you will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with engineering, data science and project management teams to find innovative answers to our clients' complex questions. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Write software to support custom solutions for clients, usually in Python
- Support and provide training to data science, analyst and project teams
- Pull, validate, and analyze large datasets, usually in Python or SQL (Postgres/Redshift)
- Assist with AWS administration of server and database infrastructure
- Standardize and document recurring tasks
- Experience writing software in a Linux environment and SQL databases.
- Ability to take initiative on tasks and be self-directed when appropriate
- Verbal and written communication skills to work directly with customers
- Ability to learn our complex business domain and adapt novel technologies to solve customer problems
- Desire for simplicity - we're a small team and need to be responsive to changing customer needs
- Respond to customer needs and provide systems on which customers can rely
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.