Trimble is recruiting for a Software Engineer in Test (SDET) lead to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
Virtual Site Solutions (VSS) is a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar Inc. responsible for the development of Web and Mobile telematics IoT software solutions for the construction industry. The joint venture is a globally distributed team with offices in Westminster, CO; Christchurch, New Zealand; and Chennai, India.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain excellent on-the-job experience working for a fast-moving software division building full-stack microservices. You will develop performant, scalable applications that are translated into 23 languages and used in 192 countries. Scale messages per second processing throughput. Scale large volume of time based data. Applications run in Amazon Web Services and you will leverage AngularJS, WebPack, Bootstrap, TypeScript, NodeJS, C# .NET Core and Apache Kafka. Come join us if you like solving hard scaling problems that involve billions of rows.
- Writing unit and integration tests that better conform to testing pyramid that are fast and easier to maintain.
- Development, design, and support of QA automation frameworks and tools
- Skilled in the art of maximizing the amount of work not done. Knows how to abstract tests so that reuse is frequent.
- Will define, implement, and improve the quality assurance processes across the organization
Skills & Experience Required:
- Computer Science or equivalent programming degree.
- Must have the critical thinking of a tester and consider yourself a developer with solid development experience and enjoy writing code.
- Has good instincts that lead to correct solutions most of the time.
- Has a positive "can do" attitude. Try to figure out how to do something without understanding all the data points.
- Self starter able to solve new problems. Embraces change.
- Current software Development Experience with C# .Net Framework (4.0 or higher)
- Automation testing on web-based applications (Selenium experience is a plus)
- Experience automating REST API s
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development and Agile Process
- Agile development methodologies
Skills & Experience Desired:
- 3-5 years test automation experience
- Prior experience creating custom automation frameworks
- Experience with AngularJS, Protractor and/or Selenium
- Experience with Specflow, Cucumber and other BDD tools
- Experience mentoring, training, guiding other test engineers
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D