Software Engineer in Test
Software Engineer in Test - Washington, DC
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
As CoStar's next Software Engineer in Test, you will have a direct impact on highly visible CoStar Suite web applications that touch millions of users. You continuously lean emerging technologies and architecture advancements and apply the learnings to improve CoStar's software products. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains automated regression test suites using automated testing tools like cypress or Selenium.
- Ensures that products conform to business requirements/company policies, software quality standards, and established procedures.
- Confirms that testable systems are specified, designed, and implemented.
- Designs, documents, and implements procedures and techniques that are consistent with departmental SQA Methodology for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of business systems and SDLC processes.
- Creates and maintains SQA deliverables including test plans, test cases, test data, project test progress and release reports, application turnover documents and test schedules.
- Recommends and assists in corrective actions taken at all stages of product life.
- Submits and tracks production (maintenance) and release issues in their respective systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years industry experience as a software quality assurance test engineer with manual/automated testing of Web applications.
- 2+ years hands on experience in automation using selenium or Cypress and good understanding of automation testing strategies
- An understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC) is critical.
- Experience testing mission-critical relational database applications and web-based enterprise systems.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
- Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Proven capacity to effectively interface with dynamic development teams and cross functional teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS is a plus.
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing