Overview Position: Software Engineer in Test III Location:
As a GreenSky Software Engineer in Test III, your mandate is intentionally broad, as a contributor of all thing's quality. The qualified candidate will have experience in delivering applications and systems that provide their intended service value by being fit for purpose and fit for use.
This is a role of risk mitigation, and the Software Engineer in Test is expected to find and contribute to the riskiest areas of our system software in whatever manner makes the most sense for a given product or release. During testing you will be expected to understand the various scenarios and configurations engaged by our users, thus ensuring our test activities are thorough and focused on those aspects that matter most. We want curious, passionate engineers who don't just do what they are told but think "outside of the box" and investigate options and do things outside the stated job description. Job responsibilities must get done, but the Test Engineer should have sufficient maturity to prioritize those activities that will have the maximum impact on quality. We want people who are connected to the world around them and the larger computer science community. People who file bugs on open-source projects is one example or those who generalize their work for reuse is another. We want to hire people who are enjoyable to work with, get along well with others, and who will add to our culture here at GreenSky. We want engineers who want to continue to learn and grow. We also want people who we can learn from as well-people with new ideas and experiences that will add to our collective talent pool.
In this role you will be expected to coach as well as lead by example, behavior, and performance in the areas of creation, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts, with the intended objective of increasing the teams test coverage using all available automated systems to drive regression testing across products. You will perform manual and exploratory testing activities, where they bring value, and coach others in the appropriate application of this test methodology. You will be expected to contribute to defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance Quality Assurance within GreenSky.Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills/QualificationsSoft Skills:
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project team to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Contribute toward designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing test and test automation expertise to our development teams.
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation, regression, and delivery quality.
- Collaborate with, share with, and mentor team members on automation, test strategies and methodologies.
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Be meticulous about documentation of all test cases and test results.
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team on the status of quality.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Work closely with the software engineering team, Product Management, Technical Operations, Senior Management, and business users as required.
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional edge cases' outside of expected functionality workflow.
- Be an expert in:
- Unit testing
- UX Testing
- UI Testing
- Integration testing of APIs
- Automation and regression testing
- Performance and scalability testing
- Security testing
- Contribute toward ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Understand and define areas of overall risk to the project and participate in the creation of risks contingencies and plans.
- Should be prepared to be the focal point of contact for test activities within the scrum team, capable of managing escalations related to testing and Quality assurance.
- Participate in the coordination of activities which enforce quality improvements.
Qualities that make for a great GreenSky Test Engineer III:
- Ability to manage time and priorities (Urgent vs Important).
- Inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions.
- Originative, and can postulate and share ideas.
- Analytical, and can identify patterns and discrepancies in data.
- Optimistic, and can report negative findings in a positive way.
- Communicates clearly, and good at reporting all necessary detail that avoids ambiguity.
- Empathetic, adaptive, flexible, and a willing attitude to support co-workers and peers.
- Able to co-relate real-time scenarios to software testing.
- Curious and a constant learner.
- Conducts themselves in such a way that they are an inspiration and a role model.
- Is a team player.
- Has a passion for Software Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Empathic, with the ability to test and think with an understanding of the end users experience.
- Software test automation experience using Selenium WebDriver, with Protractor and Mocha test frameworks - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- Created an automation framework that includes using mock services or virtualized services - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- SQL/Database skills, specifically the ability to query relational SQL databases as part of test validation - Advanced level (6+ yrs)
- Working understanding of DOM and experience with different types of locators like XPath, ID, CSS, and By-ID selectors - Entry level (1-3 yrs)
- Capable of adding new features to existing test frameworks - Advanced level (6+ yrs)
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts, multithreading, and inter-process-communication - Advanced level (6+ yrs)
- Working experience in an Agile Scrum environment, providing estimates for backlog items and sprints - Advanced level (6+ yrs)
- Experience testing Rest Services - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- Experience testing and troubleshooting Web UI's - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- Has working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) practices and monitoring of the CI jobs using Jenkins - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- Experience working with source code management tool GIT - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
- Familiar with ITIL Service Management concepts and principles - Intermediate level (3-6 yrs)
GreenSky is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.