Software Engineer in Test
Are you an engineer who has strong development skills, embraces change and is interested in finding better ways to deliver quality software? Do you enjoy scripting tasks for automated testing purposes? If so, this quality assurance role with an emphasis on automation is ideal for you!
Our QA team utilizes state of the art testing practices and pushes the envelope on what is possible. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at Lucas!
As a Software Engineer in Test at Lucas Systems, you will be an integral part of a dynamic, intelligent, and high-performing team of engineers who work closely together to deliver world-class mobile work applications to businesses ranging from Fortune 50 companies to single-site distributors.
You will be responsible for developing and executing test cases for Lucas’ software products that run on a variety of leading-edge mobile devices from Motorola, Intermec, Apple, Samsung, Google, and Honeywell.
What You Will Do:
- Review specification and design documentation to flush out ambiguities to ensure testability.
- Identify opportunities for and assist with development and adoption of QA Tools in line with QA Goals.
- Follow existing process guidelines to estimate hours required to conduct Test and QA activities.
- Lead internal meetings in a professional manner and present material to a group of peers as needed.
- Determine test objectives, resources, and manual/automated test strategies for projects.
- Author Test Plans based upon department standards and project needs and within project schedules.
- Setup and execute automated and manual test cases to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met.
- Create and maintain an existing automation test harness built in Python 3.
- Create automated test scripts within the QA test harness for regression as defined in the project test strategies.
- Identify and log defects in the defect tracking tool as per department standards.
- Assist with classification, management and resolution of all software defects.
- Monitor test progress and provide frequent progress reports to project team during test cycle.
- At the end of a test cycle, publish metrics of test results in a timely manner. Work with project team and Functional Management to identify areas for improvement.
- Be the voice of the customer assuring that we do what is necessary to deliver a quality product.
- Follow established QA processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
- Complete specific work as assigned with minimal assistance.
What You Will Need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Industrial Engineering (significant and relevant work experience coupled with a differing degree will be considered)
- Desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Ability to create and maintain an existing automation test harness built in Python 3; experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell
- 2+ years of experience in manual and automated software testing or engineering, server/client, web-based and mobile applications
- Experience or knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Experience of working independently and within a team, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
Bonus Skills Include:
- Previous work experience and/or knowledge of Warehouse Execution System; working knowledge of Warehouse Operations
- Experience in the development of test automation frameworks or tools
- Experience with load and performance testing
Lucas Systems helps companies transform their distribution center operations and continuously adapt to changing market dynamics. We dramatically increase worker productivity, operational agility, accuracy, and reduce the need for labor. Lucas solutions are built on 23-plus years of deep process expertise and smart software using AI-based optimization technologies. Our solutions feature Jennifer, the brain, voice, and orchestration engine that drives performance improvement gains. We help customers make the smartest moves at the lowest cost with Jennifer.
Founded in 1998, Lucas is a growing and consistently profitable organization with an expanding global customer base and offices in North America and Europe. We offer a dynamic, collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment that continues to create opportunities for both personal and professional growth for high-performing individuals throughout the United States and Europe.
Our culture has been as carefully managed as our growth and our products. We believe in what we do, as much as we believe in each other. We believe in rewarding great thinking and initiative. We attract high-quality people who like to work hard, and they stay with us for many years.