Software Engineer in Test
Location: DALLAS, TX
Duration: 12 Months
An aviation company in the Dallas area has two test automation engineer openings. One resource will be supporting test automation efforts for replacing an existing system with a new system and integrating it with other existing systems. The other resource will be supporting test automation efforts for a cross-domain project that impacts processes and procedures within different areas of the company. The project introduces new and enhanced technologies needed to support scheduling, planning and operations of a flight.
Both teams utilize similar technologies and look for similar backgrounds.
The Quality Management Office (QMO) is responsible for all software testing across the organization to ensure all products meet standards.
• Understand and maintain Test Automation Frameworks.
• Follow the coding standards and code walk through.
• Maintain Automation Standards and Processes documentation.
• Write automated test scripts under the direction of the Test Automation Lead.
• Read and decompose requirements as needed.
• Analyze design and architecture documents as required.
• Passion to deliver high quality work and good communication skills.
• Working with onshore and offshore teams is plus. This resource will coordinate a small offshore team and guide and mentor them in regards to automation scripting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE - REQUIRED
• Strong background in core Java and hands experience on java related projects.
• 5 + years of experience in Java development required.
• 3 + years creating Test Automation frameworks from scratch.
• 3 + years of experience utilizing Selenium Web Driver.
• 2 + recent years of experience utilizing TestNG working with Groovy/GEB or Java.
• Experience in advance Xpath, CSS.
• Experience in Web services automation/API testing/SoapUI/Rest Services/Postman.
• Experience with database validation automation.
• Experience with Service/API testing using REST Assured.
• Experience in BDD framework with JBehave/Serenity/Cucumber
• Passion to deliver high quality work
• Experience mentoring others in regards to test automation technologies and practices.
WORK EXPERIENCE - PREFERRED:
• 2 + years’ experience in an Agile environment.
• Experience in using Git.
• Experience in build tools Jenkins/Maven/Gradle
• Experience with Oracle.
• Experience in Mocking/Stubbing for test automation.
• Experience in Web service(REST) & Database validation automation.
• Experience in automating web and windows client applications.
• Experience using Groovy.
• Experience with offshore coordination.