The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter NICE Mattersight - the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
NICE Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception, by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans. Who you are:
NICE Mattersight is seeking a Software Developer to join our Enlighten AI Routing Team. The ideal candidate is someone excited about working in a data-driven environment with strategic, high-growth accounts and projects.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development, has a strong desire to share knowledge with others, wants to keep abreast of industry best practices, and can work remotely as a member of a distributed (US based) team.\u202f Candidates should know or be willing to learn multiple languages and environments ranging from Kubernetes, AWS Serverless/Lambdas, VMware, NodeJS, .NET Core, and Python.\u202f A candidate should be passionate about continuous integration and continuous delivery with an eye towards weekly deployments. What you'll do:
For this position the successful candidate will perform design, development, sustaining engineering and testing tasks within the Microsoft .NET Core framework using Microsoft Visual C#.\u202f The candidate will also work Kubernetes, Jenkins, Helm, and related technologies in their day-to-day work.\u202f This position requires proficiency with unit testing and the related tools (XUnit, Postman, Newman, etc) for test-driven .NET application development.
- Write and maintain Microsoft .NET and .NET Core software.
- Create and maintain Jenkins based software build pipelines.
- Deploy software to our Container infrastructure levering Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Participate as a contributor in an Agile Scrum team
What you bring to the table:
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to aid our operations team when needed.
- Bachelor in computer science, software engineering or the equivalent. Open to code boot camps pending individual's background
- Experience in C# and .Net Core or OOP equivalent
- Knowledge of REST principles
What differentiates you as the best:
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases like Postgres and Hadoop
- Understand basics of Scrum and Agile
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) build pipelines and Jenkins.
- Experience with testing frameworks (like Chaos, API contract, and performance testing) and the critical relationship these have with a stable CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Container based software delivery and related management and monitoring applications.
- Experience developing software for premise or cloud-based Contact Center telephone systems (ACD's)
- Experience with RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, or similar MQ services
- Work well in a remote distributed environment
- Dependable - you own what you develop; our scrum teams own their product and delivery
What you can expect:
- Ultimately we want someone who is creative, flexible and has a passion for delivering cutting edge technology
NICE Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. NICE Mattersight fosters teamwork as well as self-motivation. Where you'll be:
NICE Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Software Developer can work from a few different locations as noted in the job listing; candidates should not anticipate any travel. Studies have shown that certain groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in this position we encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.