This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the team that supports the backbone on which Oracle NetSuite is deployed - dealing with challenges in scalability, concurrency, high availability, and the definition and configuration of our Service Infrastructure.
In this role, you will help test and develop the software, workflow and tooling of the Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration/Deployment framework(s) in the Oracle Cloud. As a core member of our team, you would have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the foundation upon which Oracle NetSuite is built.
Job duties include:
- Developing test plans, troubleshooting, and functional analysis of core components and services ranging from distributed caches to high-concurrency processing frameworks.
- Ensuring efficient resource allocation using elastic load balancing and distributed load management
- Understanding the requirements of multiple product teams in order to effectively develop tooling to assist them in meeting their goals and delivering the associated product features.
- Understanding the big picture and distributed architectures; you will be working with services which need to work seamlessly across multiple data centers in different geographies and time zones.
- B.S. or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience building, testing, and maintaining cloud systems written in Java, Scala or Python (or other scripting language).
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Real world experience in testing, designing, or architecting scalable multi-tier systems.
- Strong communication skills. You should be able to convey technical detail in clear and simple terms to a variety of audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills. You will need to analyze, diagnose, and resolve unexpected behavior in complex, distributed systems.
- Comfortable analyzing complex problems at all levels of the stack, on both client and server (OS, Network, JVM, Application/Browser/CLI, Storage).
- Experience with applications in public cloud environments and with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or SaltStack.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment frameworks and strategies, such as Jenkins.
- Passion for high-quality code.
- Interest and enthusiasm for new technologies that can be applied to large-scale cloud systems.