It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
At Proofpoint, you will find an environment where innovation comes from creative collaboration and where everyone is empowered to go fast and have fun. If you find joy making the impossible, possible you will feel right at home with our team! We are building solutions based on big data that is geared at protecting customers from the worst threats lurking in their email stream.
We are looking for a QA and Test Automation Engineer who is an outstanding team player with positive attitude who is smart with high energy to help us deliver a service that our customers can count on to protect their most sensitive infrastructure and corporate data. We're looking for someone with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when discussing issues with the scrum team and management and the passion to stay on top of trends and patterns in Cloud Technologies and Testing. Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize an emphasis on quality through the entire SDLC
- Work with development team to develop test strategies, testability requirements and project plans
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
- Develop, implement, execute test plans and test cases based on user stories
- Contribute to test automation infrastructure by writing and augmenting test scripts and/or test libraries
- Introduce and influence process improvements and act as an agent for change to the organization
- 4+ years hands-on experience in QA Engineering
- Must have automation experience, either building framework or using them.
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Good understanding of how cloud-based services work, and experience testing them
- Hands on experience in testing APIs and automating the same
- Good experience in LINUX/UNIX and any scripting language (Ruby / Perl / Python)
- Experience working in a CI / CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests
- Experience working in Agile Environment
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization and attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Strong communication collaboration and influencing skills to drive change
- Experience with and understanding of OO programming and concepts such as Java
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!