The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of new features and tools to support our industry leading healthcare software. This position also supports and maintains existing products for growth and development of our Patient-to-Payment technology suite. The ideal candidate will have experience with software development practices and patterns, as well as direct experience in researching, designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise-level cloud-based solutions. Experience working in a forward-looking, fast paced environment that embraces continuous integration and agile (SCRUM) development practices is critical as well as collaborating on a high energy team that provides an opportunity for flexibility of responsibility, schedule and location.
* Responsible for developing new features and the maintenance and enhancements of existing functionality
* Responsible for working within and maintaining an extensible and performant system architecture
* Maintain a broad knowledge of emergent trends in software development platforms, tools, methodologies and their underlying principles
* Code review, unit test coverage and continuous improvement
* Build tools to support automation and productivity
* Communicate effectively with team members and project leadership to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
* Ensure unit tests written for all new code
* Seek opportunities to incorporate new technologies into the product's technology stack when they can add value
* Work directly with support organizations to resolve production issues
* Provide application support by analyzing defects, replicating/fixing defects and providing root cause analysis for defects
* Troubleshoot and resolve functional and performance related issues
* Seek development opportunities above and beyond required training
* Demonstrate ability to work with on-site and remote team members
* High School diploma or GED.
* 3+ years of experience in Software Development.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
* SQL Server database design, development & optimization.
* OOD & Design Patterns. e.g. Inversion of Control (Structure Map/Castle Windsor/Unity).
* Experience with unit testing frameworks (nUnit, Moq, MSTest, nspec, etc.).
* Messaging Protocols (SOAP, REST, WSDL, HL7, X12).
* Test Driven Development (TDD).
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Business Process Management Systems (BPMS) architecturesORM, Nhibernate, or Entity Framework.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Healthcare domain knowledge, specifically in the areas of Patient Accounting, HIM, Revenue Cycle and IT integration
* Experience in developing software in an Agile environment
* C#, ASP.Net
* .NET Framework 4.0 and up
* HTML / CSS
* Web services
* Messaging Protocols (SOAP, REST, WSDL, HL7, X12)
* Continuous Integration
* ASP.Net MVC 2.0/3.0
* Angular JS
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-Payment^SM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.