This Software Engineering Consultant will be part of the Technical Delivery Team and will be responsible for delivering quality scalable solutions for clients in the digital marketing space.
The environment is fast-paced and the goals are demanding, Software Engineering Consultants are expected to quickly become experts in various digital media platforms. Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic, deeply knowledgeable about the latest technologies, and has a passion for technology and software development. In addition, the ideal candidate is comfortable meeting and presenting infront of clients and executive level stakeholders. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effect for each respective group.
- Work with a team to design and implement software engineering solutions
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance
- Create and maintain design and other technical documentations and artifacts.
- Manage multiple competing priorities/projects in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Stay current with the latest development best practices
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, or fixing bugs
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural solutions and designs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various platforms
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- Believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solution
- experience using Enterprise CMS, such as Hippo, Jahia, SiteCore, Adobe
- Experience with enterprise Java and open source technologies (C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience writing Angular/React JS applications
- Expert in building software to deliver websites and web applications; through understanding of web technologies (Http, edge caching, HTML/CSS)
- Demonstrated ability in developing enterprise applications
- Ability to collaborate in a small, productive development team as well as ability to work independently
- Proficient with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Experience with any of the following technologies and concepts is a plus :
- Open sources frameworks and tools such as Spring, Solr, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Hystrix, etc.
- Experience with Docker
- Cloud-based technologies (AWS, EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, DynamoDB)
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Automated testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber and Gherkin
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of Java web services and Microservice Architectures and design patterns
- Familiarity with core design patterns
- 5+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies and buiding web applications.
- 4+ years of experience in Java, Node, Go or a combination
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale with CMS
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience