Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count. Job Summary
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Software Engineer Manager require to support Americas Financial Crimes Compliance (AFCC) by managing a team of full time and consultant to design and develop data processing solutions for BSA / AML and CTR Solutions using Informatica ETL, Oracle, PL/SQL, SAS, Transact SQL, and scripting languages including Unix shell scripting and Python. The Engineering Manager will closely work with multiple team across the business unit and AFCC to understand requirements and create necessary Functional Design Documents, Detailed Design Documents, Data Sourcing Documents, Coordinate SIT, UAT and Support the production migration and its production maintenance. The Engineering manager will also work with Production Support team to diagnose and remediate production issues.
The Engineer Manager will work closely with geographically disbursed stakeholders across a variety of businesses and functions. he/she must be experienced in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile, and have a solid understanding of technology and data. Major Responsibilities:
- Build whole stack elastic load balancers (ELBs) to databases, guiding the team through the entire process
- Manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our standards and reduce errors
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application developments, and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements; Update processes and design new processes as needed
- Specify, document, and develop new product features, and write automating scripts
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- 12-15 years' experience in a DevOps engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Work with Team of developer to Design, Develop, implement and support data processing environments using Informatica ETL, SAS. Oracle PL/SQL, Transact SQL and scripting languages including Unix shell scripting and Python
- Work with team of developers to Analyze the impact of changes to various source systems to Compliance controls
- Work with team to Create Functional Requirements Documents, Detailed Design Documents, Data Sourcing Documents and Unit Test Plans
- Ability to work with Production support team to Diagnose production issues, design and create remediation, and work with Production Support to test and deploy fixes
- Experience managing teams of full-time employee and consultants
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in a technology organization at a multinational bank preferred
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, databases such as structured query language (SQL), MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Informatica ETL, SAS
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations
- Strong experience in build/release management
- Knowledge of load balancing and high availability architectures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.