The Software Engineering Manager, eSolutions is a managerial position within the development organization targeted at the delivery of development projects driven by client requests and internal investments.Responsibilities
- Responsible for product development department adherence to deliverables stipulated by client contracts or investment roadmap
- Performs Scrum Master Duties for multiple teams
- Participates in improving the development process
- Oversight for the development and delivery of large initiatives
- Enforcement of adherence to the development process
- Coordination of architectural, engineering and product resources to establish scope and solution for development initiatives.
- Conduct performance management and provide continuous feedback/on-going development of direct reports
- Responsible for reviewing large contracts to determine resource needs from the product management organization throughout the development, deployment, and implementation of blocks of custom development projects
- Coordinate the sizing process for development activity ensuring that the sizing includes a documented scope and solution that is understood by the development organization
- Responsible for management, resource coordination, status reporting both internally and externally, and adherence to established timelines throughout the development process for assigned initiatives.
- Performs first tier support for other departments
- Participates in planning activities for the development organization
- Performs cross-team project lead responsibilities
- Participates in gathering and analyzing development organization statistics
- Manage the maintenance and purchase of manual and automated tools that lead to higher quality or lower costs for the development organization
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent technology experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a team of highly skilled employees and produce quality results in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with clients in a demanding high-pressure delivery-oriented environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years involvement in management of developing enterprise level software products.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle including Agile/SCRUM best practices
- Ability to partner effectively with the division's professional services teams, product management teams, architectural teams, technical services teams and support teams to align resources and deliveries to our client or internal commitments
- Ability to manage through difficult situations in a manner that exudes leadership
- Ability to understand and drive alignment of our client deliveries to our product roadmap
- Demonstrated expert organization and planning ability
- Ability to communicate across all aspects of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills
- High level organization and scheduling skills as well as the ability to mediate between the conflicting demands of the organization - project management experience
Work with our integrated solutions that help courts and public safety organizations of all sizes better protect and serve the public. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and make communities safer. Location
10-25%Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.