East Shore 2 (12025), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we-re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.-----------------------------------------------
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineering Manager (Cobol )
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We-re experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, -What if?- Oh, and we love to write code.-Responsibilities:
Here are some of our favorites:
-Perform technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.-
-Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions.
- Must have experience with COBOL, MVS, ISPF, FileAid, File Manager, JCL, VSAM, CICS.
- On call support is expected possibly 2 times a week.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.-
- Conducting design & code reviews
-Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation.
-Develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.-
-Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.-
-Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.-
-Suggest opportunities for improvement. Basic Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of development experience with COBOL.
- At least 5 years of experience with items processing.
- At least 5 years of experience with Financial Services clients.
- At least 5 years of experience with JCL and VSAM.
-At least 5 years of experience with Day1 & Day2 banking ICRE, X9.37 & x9.100 Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Last Modified: 11/5/2018 12:33:18 AM
Category: Engineering, Technology Explorers, Technology Explorers
Job Type: SG
Job Industry: Full time