Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count. Software Engineering Manager, Vice President
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Software Engineering Manager will build and lead a team of engineers to support Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Core Compliance. Engineers work with technology and business leads to build or enhance critical Compliance applications both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS). They also assess vendor solutions and actively participate in efforts to integrate and enhance vendor products.
The Manager will be a seasoned engineer, experienced in building financial crimes solutions for large financial institutions. They will play a key role in executing our strategy of rationalizing, consolidating and migrating Compliance applications to cloud native solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of financial crimes and in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies. They will be passionate about developing talent leading change. The ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, and to influence stakeholders is essential.Major Responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers assigned to multiple projects.
- Assess third-party technology and provide recommendations.
- Produce high functioning, testable code from software designs and specifications.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements.
- Design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Produce and update software documentation.
- Stay current on technology and engineering by continuously studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and hardware, participating in relevant events and forums and reading professional publications.
- Plan and supervise training and talent development.
- Review engineering deliverables.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- 5 plus years' experience developing Compliance or financial crimes applications for large financial institutions.
- Deep understanding of financial crimes and banking.
- Hands-on experience with technologies such as JBoss Application & Web server, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS Server, and IBM MQ.
- Experience in relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies such as Hibernate and Entity Framework.
- Experience developing web applications using at least one of the following: Ajax, JSF, Spring MVC, ReactJS, or Vue
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying applications with automation tools.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience with build automation technologies such as Maven or Jenkins.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience documenting requirements and specifications.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent job experience.
- ACAMS certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.