Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
As a Manager in Embedded Networking, you will be responsible for a team of talented engineers working on architecture, development, and research of networking solutions for Nintendo's game systems.
Our leaders are technical. You are expected to lead and grow the team, provide technical direction by setting goals and priorities, be heavily involved in hands-on software development, and deliver on network features. You will also be working with both internal and external teams.SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Experience managing a team of 5+ individual contributors
- Experience as a leader in a technical role
- Strong skills in C/C++, data structures, algorithms and multithreaded software development
- Understanding of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, layer 2/3 networking, socket programming, NAT, for example
- Self-motivated, ability to multitask, sense of ownership, and urgency
- Strong coordination, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Valid passport may be required
This is not a remote opportunity and you will be required to work onsite in Redmond, WA