Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U.S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service; a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com to learn more about our product. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Television is not what it used to be. Technologies, businesses and viewing habits are changing fast and reshaping the TV landscape. We are the makers of Sling TV, the industry-leading OTT (over-the-top) video streaming service that delivers live U.S. and international programming, as well as video on demand. We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our American Fork, Utah - based team. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving project. What we're building is revolutionary and every employee participates in a profit sharing program. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
Opportunity is here. We are Sling. Responsibilities
You will be pioneering new technologies inside of the player to achieve the best viewing experience possible for our customers. Innovation is part of our culture and especially has a strong presence inside of the player teams. Basic Requirements
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional software engineering experience
- Minimum 8 years coding experience, Node.js or Typescript strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience using agile & scrum
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a software engineering team
- Firm understanding of Object Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices
- Commitment to principles of code excellence: clean code, unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed
- Thrive in and contribute to an innovative and collaborative team environment
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience analyzing data and making recommendations
- Working knowledge of relevant industry technologies and standards: HTTP/HTTPS, HLS, DASH, Webpack and GIT source control.
- Experience in video streaming systems.
- Experience in Redux State Management.
- Experience in Webpack build tools.
Compensation: $85,905.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.