The Software Engineering Manager will provide leadership to members of the Tax and Compliance team on new and existing tax regulations within UKG's products. Working closely with the senior and peer manager, the manager will oversee tactical operations of the team. They will work to maintain alignment towards our goals while removing impediments and coordinating with peers on other teams.
• Handle day-to-day activities of leading the Tax and Compliance team's multiple workstreams. This involves running standups, managing flow, and overseeing and improving processes to ensure on time delivery of quality results
• Manage risks to ensure the team is making pragmatic decisions to achieve our ambitious goals
• Report periodically on major impediments or risks
• Onboard new team members, whether full-time employees or consultants
• Coordinate with other managers across the organization to establish and maintain alignment
• Ensure internal standards are met
• Foster good team morale and positive team dynamics
• Familiarity with internal process for our SDLC and for onboarding new team members
• 3+ years of experience leading development teams in a management role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage complex, fast-paced projects
• Ability to lead by influence beyond your reporting structure
• Solid understanding of Kanban and Agile practices
• Understanding of SDLC concepts and related tools, such as git and Jira
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
• Experience leading development teams either as a manager or technical leader
• Experience working within the core UKG Pro codebase is a plus
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.