In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
We are seeking engineers who want to contribute to advancing the state of software engineering through supporting our customers in their acquisition of software-intensive space systems. The Software Systems Quality and Analysis Department (SSQ&AD) provides U.S. Space Force and Intelligence Community program offices with expertise in methods for enhancing the quality of software-intensive systems. SSQ&AD is responsible for:
- Providing customers with empirically-based, practical guidance in software product and process quality as they acquire software-intensive systems.
- Working within various phases of acquisition programs (solution analysis, technology maturation and risk reduction, engineering and development, production and deployment, and operations and support) and within various software life-cycle activities (specification and evaluation of requirements, systems and software architecture, design, development, testing, and sustainment).
- Working with customer program offices and contractors in geographically dispersed offices (this position may involve up to 25% travel).
- Conducting assessments and audits of software projects and work products.
- Specifying and recommending measures for software processes and products.
- Reviewing estimates and measurement reports of software development projects.
- Modeling and analyzing software systems and processes for forecasting outcomes and for improvement.
- Developing tools for supporting the use of standards in software development.
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Leading and participating in software development policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities.
- Conducting specialized technical studies and communicating evidence-based findings to provide solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science; Software, Electrical or Industrial Engineering; or closely related discipline
- Eight or more years of experience in professional software development practice
- Strong technical background and clearly demonstrated expertise in a combination of software engineering roles, for example, software design and programming, software architecture, software estimation, software measurement and statistical analysis, software quality assurance, software testing, and software process modeling and improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more standard programming languages (for example, C/C++, Java, or Python) and modeling languages (for example, UML)
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated in publications and presentations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, issued by the U.S. government. US citizenship is required to obtain clearance.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in discrete event simulation or statistics
- Experience leading consulting engagements
- Experience as a software technical leader or team manager
- Fluent in current software development technologies and architectures
- Previous experience leading or organizing technical efforts or project teams
- Exhibits high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Active DoD Secret or TS/SCI clearance
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement