The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD) staff combine the latest in information system technologies-such as elastic compute clouds, containerization, microservices, real-time operating systems, and visualization frameworks-with expertise in cyber security, software architecture, software engineering, process improvement, and software development to deliver responsive, resilient, high-performance software intensive systems to our IC, DoD, and civilian customers.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provides software measurement services primarily to program offices of the U.S. Space Force and the National Reconnaissance Office.
- This position reports to the Director of the Software Process, Measurement, and Modeling Department within the Software Engineering Subdivision.
- This work is necessary for providing our customers with the quantitative information they require for effective management of their system acquisition programs.
- The primary function of this role is engaging with program office personnel and system development contractors for software estimation, measurement specification, data analysis and interpretation, and forecasting outcomes.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelors or advanced degree from an accredited program in computer science, software or industrial engineering, mathematics, or closely related field.
- Ten or more years of experience in professional software development
- Strong technical background and clearly demonstrated expertise in software estimation, software measurement and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated in publications and presentations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 10%
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Masters or PhD degree from an accredited program in computer science, software or industrial engineering, mathematics, or closely related field.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Three or more years of experience in software estimation, measurement, and metrics
- Experience in applying Practical Software Measurement, Goal-Question-Metric, or other software measurement methods
- Experience in applying and teaching software estimation
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis methods for software factories
- Active DoD Secret or TS/SCI clearance
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement