If you are a proud programmer, love technology and are always curious to know what's going on in the industry, this position might be for you. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining innovative applications using the latest cutting edge and open source technologies. A strong desire to build world class applications is a must. If you think you are the engineer described here, please keep reading.
For positions across the Product Engineering team at Verisign, we're looking for mid to advanced level software engineers who demonstrate:
• a track record for high quality and impactful delivery demonstrating strong design skills and a passion for code quality
• true craftsmanship, who enjoys breaking down tough problems, as well as working with a team to deliver valuable solutions
• passion for producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
• bias towards action on tough problems and issues
• that they are an agent for change, constantly learning and seeking better outcomes
• passion for enabling others to adopt new technologies
• skill at interacting and working with people in a proactive manner to mitigate key project technical risks and ensure quality
Software Engineers design and implement software for large, high speed Internet network applications. These positions are responsible for all phases of software development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, development test and documentation. The roles collaborate cross-functionally with team members from Operations, Quality Assurance and other organizations and is responsible for leading and collaborating on integration strategies for leveraging third party open-source tools. These engineers may also provide guidance and mentor less experienced engineers.
Verisign operates the Domain Name System (DNS) root and powers the hugely-significant .COM domain enabling the world's 4.5 billion Internet users to connect online with reliability and confidence, anytime, anywhere. Our global servers process millions of DNS queries every second. Because these services underpin the online connectivity of the Internet, our products must be absolutely correct and remain available - even during the most extreme Internet spike load events.
The Benefits and Culture:
• Work on the high-scale systems that provide key Internet services
• Strong Verisign technical community with constant opportunities to learn via tech talks and other internal events
• Training and education opportunities such as Verisign University and tuition reimbursement for work-related degrees
• Clearly defined corporate mission and values
• Vibrant internal organizations such as the Young Professionals and Women in Technology groups
• Numerous benefits for all stages of life: employee stock purchase plan, parental leave and support programs, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, comprehensive insurance programs, 401K company match, nursing room, back-up child and adult/elder care support, pet insurance, wellness, commuter and more
• Fully-equipped onsite gym offering free classes; tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, table tennis
• Casual dress policy
• Heavily subsidized onsite multi-station cafeteria, Starbucks, smoothie and juice bar
• Volunteering and matching opportunities to give back to our community via the Verisign Cares program
• Experience with at least one higher-level language: Java, Python, C++
• Has worked with large-scale distributed systems.
• Proficient with Linux
• Outstanding problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Excellent team player who enjoys a collaborative team environment
• Solid understanding of data structures, database technologies and SQL
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
• Familiarity with orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Jenkins pipelines, Ansible
• Has previously worked in an environment with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery practices
• Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
• Experience building and testing software platforms using micro services, multi-threaded programming, with technologies like REST, Spring, Java NIO, etc.
• 4 years Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience