Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Evaluates software products andidentify service provisioning compliance issues that could potentially impactexisting or planned future USPS technology objectives negatively or positively.
* Collaborates USPS IT service providersto research and discover suitability software acquisition and integration intoUSPS IT infrastructure and communicate findings and recommendations to the ITleadership team.
* Contact vendors, third parties, postalpatrons and members of the public in general in regard to compliance aspectsand issues pertinent to the acquisition new technology or the maintenance ofthe existing software assets.
* Collect,organize, analyze and evaluate technical and non-technical information that isacquired though the software acquisition process.
* Work withcross-functional teams to assist in identifying licensing, compliance,entitlements, vulnerability issues that crop up when corporate standards arenot rigorously enforced.
* Work withSecurity (CISO), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), auditors, USPS managersand other technicians when and where threats to USPS internal and externalinfrastructure and security exist.
* Willingnessto travel as needed 25%
* Aminimum of 2 years of experience in at least one of the following areas;software asset management, software license and entitlement management, ITsoftware auditing, enterprise architecture processes.
* Communicateeffectively in writing or orally with technical staff as well as non-technicalstaff at all levels (from top management within the organization to the enduser in the work environment)
* Abilityto effectively use a variety Microsoft Office 2013/2016 to communicate ideasand processes in a very large corporate setting.
* Abilityto conduct interviews with internal and external subject matter experts andcreate written technical and business documentation based on interview.
* Previousfederal, state or local governmental work related to software acquisition orsoftware asset management experience.
* Previousrelated software acquisition or software asset management experience with amajor computer software and/or hardware company.
* Trainingand/or certification is the areas of enterprise architecture, software assetmanagement, software acquisition or software auditing