Software Performance Test Engineer
Expert Technical Solutions has an outstanding opportunity for a Software Performance Test Engineer with an exciting, industry leading company in Alpharetta, GA. This person will help drive our clients Quality Assurance (QA) initiatives around software performance and resiliency. This person will be an integral part of the R&D team, participating in technical leadership, product design and release planning activities. R&D quality systems include Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration unit testing, and comprehensive API-level test automation (over 5000 automated tests run un-attended overnight).
This is a Permanent opportunity offering great salary, excellent benefits, and unlimited Commission potential.
- Planning resource needs for establishing and maintaining performance, load, and stress testing systems.
- Development and maintenance of performance, load, and stress testing systems.
- Creating and extending data and executing database queries using SQL to validate date and results.
- Establishing processes for efficient execution of tests as well as maintenance of test infrastructure and storing results for reporting and analysis.
- Execution of performance, load, and stress tests within established and agreed timelines.
- Preparing and presenting results of performance testing for both internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to QA process improvement and provide technical assistance to QA team members. Participate in regression testing and handling support escalations.
- Participation in all Agile team ceremonies – release/sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Analysis, planning, and development aimed at continuous improvement of performance, load, and stress testing processes.
- Requirements analysis with specific emphasis on working with product owners and business stakeholders to establish performance-based acceptance criteria for select features and user stories.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
- 5+ years of experience designing and building automated performance, load, and stress testing harnesses and systems.
- Solid, hands-on experience with at least 1 (and preferably multiple) load testing tools such as: LoadRunner, Azure DevOps Cloud-based Load Test, JMeter, Neoload, etc.
- Solid programming experience in the Microsoft technology stack with special emphasis on C# and TSQL (SQL Server).
- Ability to analyze and interpret database query plans and to tune and optimize the database performance.
- Skilled troubleshooter experienced with analyzing and isolating complex problems to a series of repeatable steps.
- Solid manual and automated unit/integration testing skills.
- Experience with code profiling tools such as JetBrains dotTrace, SmartBear AQTime Pro, etc.
- Hands-on experience testing both on-premise and cloud-based application deployments.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office with exceptionally strong skills in Excel (for analysis) and PowerPoint (for content preparation).
- Have a customer-focused demeanor.