Full Time opportunity with our direct client located in Ashburn, VA, following are the requirement details:
Position: Manual QA Tester
Location: Ashburn, VA
- Prepares the Test Schedule based on the Project Test Plan and presents this to the QA Manual Test Manager for approval. This includes the test schedules and requirements for the test project. Define test specifications and conditions based on the Test Plan.
- Reviews project requirements and assesses Software Quality Assurance (SQA) tests needed.
- Creates and executes test cases.
- Checks/reviews the test cases and other reports/documents created/updated by junior team members.
- Implements the SQA plan based on the agreed upon schedule and in compliance with the team’s methodologies and standards.
- Creates defect reports against issues found during testing.
- Assists in investigating issues reported by customers.
- Setup and manage QA test environments and demo environments.
- Ensures any non-compliant activities and processes are reported to the software development team and project manager.
- Addresses all non-compliance issues.
- Reports status on SQA Activities.
- Attends project status meetings and training. Willing to attend evening meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, if required.
- Provides direction and support to junior team members as needed.
- For assigned projects, acts as liaison between US-based team members and the offshore QA team.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manual Test Manager in performing tasks assigned to the team.
- Performs other duties as requested and within areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience (6 years).
- 2 - 4 years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exemplary requirements analysis and test case design skills.
- Able to perform in an agile, rapid application development environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding Linux and Windows servers.
- Demonstrated experience with MS SQL, Oracle & Postgres databases.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to locate and read system log files.
- Knowledge in TestLink is a plus.
- Knowledge in Certification & Accreditation process and /or Continuous Monitoring process is a plus.
- Working experience with cloud environments – preferably AWS and its services is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills.
Loginsoft Consulting LLC