The Software QA Engineer is a critical part of the software delivery team at ACTIVE. You will work with other QA Engineers, Software Developers, System Architects, and Business Analysts to determine the appropriate functional test strategy then implement that test strategy through the creation and execution of test cases.
- Develop test cases and test scenarios that provide thorough coverage of implemented features, configuration changes and other change requests
- Regression test applications prior to release into UAT and production environments
- Execute smoke tests in QA, UAT and production environments to verify code deployments and other system changes
- Create, update and track execution of test cases in a test case management system (SpiraTeam, TestLink)
- Identify, isolate, replicate, report and track issues to closure in an issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Review requirements, providing feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas
- Review change requests and provide level of effort estimates
- Provide regular status updates to the project team, supervisors and project managers
- Assist in the maintenance of test environments including user accounts, application config and build deployments
- Assist in the definition, development, execution and debugging of automated test scripts
- Work closely with geographically distributed project teams
- Ensure that defined processes are being followed
- Participate in identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities within QA and broader project teams
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software testing, development or support of web-based software applications
- Understanding of various software testing methods, levels, types, and processes and where they fit in the overall SDLC
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Technical understanding of Internet application development and deployment concepts
- Demonstrated experience with mainstream RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server), including solid ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience building automated test suites using Selenium with Ruby or Java
- Strong teamwork, initiative, and desire to take ownership
- Track record of completing tasks and projects on time with exceptional quality
- Able to self-manage and prioritize work effectively under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fast learner
- Experience working with remote (within North America) and off-shore (China) teams
- Passionate about software testing and delivering quality products
ACTIVE Network Perks & Benefits
· Health, Vision, Dental, RRSP
· Corporate Wellness Program
· Hookups and discounts for races, events, tickets, activity gear, bike purchase program and more!
· Give back with our ACTIVEx Charity Challenge partnership benefitting Kids in the Game
· Continue your professional development through our award winning ACTIVE Learnonline courses.
About ACTIVE Network
ACTIVE Network® is the premier global marketplace for activities and events, connecting participants and activity organizers, while offering actionable business intelligence through our industry-leading data solutions and insights platform that helps organizers drive increased participation and revenue. ACTIVE Network processes registrations and payments for organizers of activities and events worldwide. Our enterprise-level ACTIVEWorks® platform offers organizers advanced SaaS technology that streamlines the administration of activities and events. Our ACTIVE Network Activity Cloud® platform combines data analytics and business intelligence tools to provide actionable insights that help organizers better manage their events and increase participation. Founded in 1999, ACTIVE Network is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, please visit ACTIVEnetwork.com and follow us on Twitter.
Active Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.