Duration: 6 months to start (could go up to 12 months)
Location: San Francisco (onsite)
*Able to work with W2 and individual Corp’s only
***No 3rd parties
We’re seeking a QA Engineer that will work as a key technical resource for the portfolio of large corporate projects. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer supports an agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high quality applications that exceeds our customer expectations. The SQA Engineer will review functional requirements and user stories from business partners; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
- In addition to these more general cross functional responsibilities, the Data Architect will also be responsible for the following:
- Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation scripts
- Develop, automate and execute test cases to ensure feature enhancements are high quality and provide an intuitive customer experience
- Identify and document bugs in usability and functionality; help engineers troubleshoot issues as they are uncovered
- Champion and roll out new QA methods (functional, regression and automation testing etc.) and tools.
- Continuously improvising on tests, identify test gaps and come-up with ways to bridge those gaps
- Extensive SQL experience is a must. ETL/DW experience highly desired.
- Work effectively with Test Manager, Business SMEs and other Key Stakeholders.
- Design, build and manage testing frameworks and test content for the entire application stack.
- Define key metrics for performance and quality, and instrument the product in order to continually improve on these metrics.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to seek inputs on process improvements and improve re-use of test assets.
- Experience in reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems.
- Ability to estimate test schedule and report on test progress.
- 8-10 years’ of experience in the Information Services field, focusing on QA activities and testing.
- Lead test planning and execution activities. Participate in various design, backlog discussions
- Knowledge of TFS Tool is a plus.
Education / work experience:
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, engineering or related field required.
- 6-8 years’ experience required in QA with at least 4 years’ in Banking.
- 5+ years' QA with emphasis on deconstructing business and technical requirements, writing test plans and scripts.
- Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems.
- Ability to lead and take ownership of testing.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with end-to-end software system testing required.
- Requires knowledge and proven experience in Agile/SCRUM.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Professional skill / competency:
- Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
- Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
- Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
- Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency
- Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
- Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
- Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; take initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
- Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.