Software QA Technical Manager
Job Description SOFTWARE QA TECHNICAL MANAGER - TEN-X - IRVINE, CA OVERVIEW
CoStar Group is the world's leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ-listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Apple.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors, and government agencies.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools, and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune's fastest-growing companies (2018).
Ten-X is the leading end-to-end transaction platform for commercial real estate, powering more than 90% of online CRE sales. Our platform empowers brokers, sellers, and buyers with data-driven technology and comprehensive marketing tools to expand market visibility and decrease time to close.
As a Technical Manager QA, you will manage and lead a team of QA professionals that are responsible for maintaining high-quality standards for the Ten-X products. You'll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the QA organization, including but not limited to providing a solid vision for the QA organization, proactive testing plans to ensure high availability for critical systems, roadmaps to maximize test coverage with an emphasis on automation, providing direction on CI/CD initiatives, serve as a mentor for your team. You will also need to be a hands-on team player and perform tasks such as writing test cases, reviewing testing logs, performing manual tests, etc. You will work very closely with other Technical Managers, DevOps, Tech Leads, and business partners to ensure the success of a variety of projects and initiatives. You'll also be responsible for hiring and developing talent within our organization. Providing ongoing metrics and reporting on quality metrics will be key as well. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS degree in computer science or related field is required.
- 7 years of QA experience with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on technical management experience, building and leading QA teams.
- Recent hands-on experience with modern software QA procedures
- Experience with entire Software Development Life Cycle and Test Cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Performance, User Acceptance)
- Understanding of modern web application development and deployment with large-scale, high-traffic systems
- Experience in Agile environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with performance tools like JMeter, BlazeMeter, etc.
- Experience testing API's and UI with responsive web design
- Knowledge about various test methods & corresponding tools like Postman, BrowserStack, Selenium, WebdriverIO, NightwatchJS, etc.
- Confirmed understanding of object-oriented programming, design, and debugging skills.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
- Master's degree is preferred
- General troubleshooting log experience (Datadog, Splunk)
- Experience testing iOS and/or Android applications
- Well-versed in default tracking tools Microsoft TFS, Jira, TestRails, etc.
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions, and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
Candidates must have current US work authorization and at this time we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing