Title: Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst drives customer confidence by assuring the quality of software products by engineering QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Articulating technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Works with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the way we test software.
- Contributes to agile planning by establishing tasks and forecasts for work to be performed.
- Asks the right questions at the right time to reduce the introduction of quality risk.
- Writes and executes test cases that probe system limits in terms of function and performance.
- Identifies/resolves software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during implementation.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Considers dependencies in test case design and execution.
- Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities.
- Develop, document, execute and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identifies testable .statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and design and implement manual and automated test cases.
- Produces high quality test cases.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Apply strong analytical, problem solving, judgment and skill to balance delivery content, quality and timing.
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software.
- Maintains an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Acts in the interest of the overall team.
- Actively works on broadening or adding a skill.
- Asks for help.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years in an agile QA role with experience:
- Writing acceptance criteria/tests
- Identifying, tracking, resolving defects
- Design and execution of test cases
- Integrations experience
- Managing environments in MS .Net and/or Java
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Proven track record (1 to 2 years) working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive project that requires:
- Clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Managing software risk
- Balancing priorities
- Being highly motivated
- Going above and beyond the requirement of the role
- Articulating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Mobile testing experience.
- Utilized at least 1 of the different types of testing management tools including HP Application LifeCycle Management (ALM), Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS), IBM Rational Clearquest (CQ), Atlassian JIRA, MicroFocus Borland Segue Silk Central, QAComplete, or TestLink