Responsible for developing and executing test strategies/plans and automated test scripts to ensure delivery of quality information systems and/or software programs of moderate complexity that conform to organization standards and user requirements. Works with project teams to develop test strategies/plans, test scripts and test cases, ensuring the appropriate level of testing is performed. Serves as subject matter expert on testing applications/software for assigned areas.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, performs tests and evaluates/validates test results including functional e2e testing, regression testing, systems testing, customer acceptance testing and stress/performance testing for moderately complex applications/systems. Coordinates Customer testing. Manages defects and issues identified during testing through resolution.Execute tests for functional, integration and regression testing utilizing test scripts validating results against expected results documented in test scripts.
- Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases and automated test scripts based on documentation and standards for moderately complex applications/systems. Facilitates development of test plans and test cases by Business Users.
- Participates in reviews of business requirements and detail design documents for moderate/complex applications/systems. Gains understanding of business functions, applications, and activities pertinent to the project/request..
- Establishes the technical configuration for testing, including all environmental components, data, automated test scripts and security. Coordinates migrations into the QA environment.
- Uses solid analytical and detail-oriented skills for the development of test strategies/plans, automated test scripts and test cases.
- Reports defects to system developers with specific criteria used to reproduce the defect
- Conducts meetings to go over open defects with key business representatives and system developers
- Authorizes implementation of new code to production
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, business, economics, computer information systems or equivalent experience in the industry at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must possess a proven ability to complete detailed assignments accurately in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Verbal, written, teaming and collaborating with business and IT partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of an Information Technology environment, including using and testing systems, employing software development and testing methodologies, change management, project management and information security practices
- Working knowledge in multiple technology areas such as: logical database design (relational), relational database retrieval tools, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft application architectures (DNA, .NET), web, HTML, XML, Microsoft Office Tools, automated test tools, desktop and server operating systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to understand and act upon verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at various levels within the organization and to quickly grasp business requirements and processes
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.