Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
In this role, you will engage directly with the client and project team to create functionally rich and intuitive web-based and native mobile applications that support telecommunications enterprise management activities for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). You will work closely with business domain subject matter experts, software requirements analysts, software quality engineers, and UX designers to plan and test the next-generation of telecommunications enterprise management solutions using our proven agile solutions delivery framework. In addition, you will become part of the Noblis Center of Digital Excellence team that fosters the sharing and application of knowledge regarding current and emerging state-of-the-market technologies and frameworks.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, teamwork and collaboration, and continuous improvement of key processes and tools.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Create test plans and test cases for assigned component/feature in coordination with Product Owners and Development Team;
* Execute test cases and perform defect tracking and management;
* Contribute in building automated regression tests from cases;
* Contribute to and lead continuous improvement of software quality assurance processes and resources;
* Test across a variety of web browsers and mobile device platforms;
* Maintain documentation of testing to assist in debugging software.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent;
* Minimum 4-6 years experience;
* Ability to interpret requirements and translate them into precise test cases;
* Software testing methodology (TDD), including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools;
* Experience in security application testing;
* Must be able to convert/adapt scripts to include performance and scalability testing;
* Experience in testing enterprise-level integrated backend server applications (distributed systems);
* Strong writing and communication skills within a team environment.
Familiarity with automation testing tools such as Selenium and SpecFlow;
Experience writing automated acceptance tests in a behavior-driven development (BDD) style using Gherkin syntax;
Mobile application test experience for at least one of the following platforms:
* FAA Experience Preferred
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Posted Date: 2/10/2017
Category: Software Engineering