Software Quality Engineer
Location: Morrisville, NC
Let's talk about the team and you:
The Quality Assurance Engineer will implement best practices techniques for testing in an Agile environment, as well as value-based exploratory testing and acceptance testing for 24/7 mission critical applications in the Post-Acute healthcare market.
Let's talk about your responsibilities:
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software.
- Experience successfully applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and execute software test plans
- Experience testing GUI and functional user workflow – not just a button pusher.
- Strong analytical capabilities and data analysis techniques
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the Home Health and Hospice market, Home Health and Hospice Billing, Clinical, and/or Regulatory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Let’s talk about what you will be doing:
- Design and execute test plans, test cases, scenarios and scripts
- Document software defects, using defect tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative process
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Serve as the “quality advocate” for your functional component area
- Assist in the deployments of all product releases, fix packs, hot fixes
- Assist in the troubleshooting of production related client issues