Job Title: Software Quality Engineer
Location: Midtown, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long term
Contact Info: Ella Blank - email@example.com - 201-786-2414
Who we need:
- Passionate: You care about the quality of anything produced under your name and take pride in your work
- Empathic: You show great empathy for your audience
- Participative: You are eager to collaborate to find solutions
- Flexible: You welcome feedback from the team to improve on your designs.
- Self-learner: You are enthusiast in learning, as well as sharing what you know with your teammates.
- Diverse SQE skill set: someone that can do automation testing but also manual/black box testing if that's the need.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Critical thinking and complex problem-solving abilities
- Contextual Adaptability: Able to adapt to different testing approaches depending upon the context of the projects.
- Time management: Managing time wisely by prioritizing and automating test cases
- Understand business needs: Able to take the ultimate call on a system's ability to go live and provide the business with strategic inputs from testing perspective.
What you will be doing:
- Create automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software
- Uncover, document and track defects
- Improve test case execution efficiency and test coverage
- Perform manual and automated Functional, Performance and End to End Product and System tests
- Create training documentation & conduct knowledge transfer sessions
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the Engineering and Product teams to deliver quality software iteratively
- Integrate QA processes into software development & release cycles
The technologies you'll be using:
- Source Control: GitHub
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Repository Manager: Nexus
- Containerization: Kubernetes, Tectonic, Docker
- Cloud Computing: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, EC2, EC2 Autoscaling, Cognito and others
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: Java, Groovy, Spring Boot
- Code Control: SonarQube
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, AuroraDB
- Testing Frameworks and tools: TestNg, RestAssured, RestTemplate, Selenium, JMeter, Blazemeter, WireMock and others ...
Skills you'll need to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Test Automation in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment - framework creation, script creation from manual test cases, automation script maintenance
- Hands on experience in: Automating RESTful APIs Automating front end applications Test automation using Java, Selenium, TestNg, Maven and JMeter. Using Project Management/Defect Tracking Systems such as JIRA or Rally.
- Hands in experience with Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Spring Boot and Swagger is preferred.
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.