Why Work at WWT?
WWT Application Services designs, builds, and delivers, custom applications for customers including digital experiences for the web, native mobile, and beyond. Working side-by-side with our developers and other Agile team members as equal partners, our QA practice members help guide software creators in building, testing, and delivering software that works and that delivers value to our customers.
We treat each other with respect, we admit our shortcomings so we can learn from each other, and we celebrate failures (learning opportunities). When we come together to collaborate, we "check our egos at the door." In 2020, together we helped our customers adjust to the global changes brought on by the pandemic as well as racial and social inequity, in one case helping to safeguard 25,000 jobs. In another case, our teams delivered mobile apps that improve health experiences and won 2 Webby Awards. With the unwavering belief that great software can change lives, we support and empower our 550+ technology professionals to do the best work of their careers.
WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, and is one of the largest African American-owned businesses in America and closed nearly $13+ Billion in revenue in 2020. We have a diverse, inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. We are proud to be named a FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for the tenth consecutive year!Position Overview:
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for a talented, dedicated person to fill the role of Software Quality Engineer. This person will work as part of a team to deliver high-quality software and represent the voice of the customer during production. Responsibilities:
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- Keep the team and stakeholders informed of a holistic view of the product's quality
- Elicit examples that act as or clarify acceptance criteria
- Encourage collaboration and discussion around team testing improvements
- Help developers plan and build automated checks at the right levels of the system to provide the optimal return of feedback to the cost of ownership of the test suite
- Evaluate the product's fitness for purpose by learning about it through exploratory testing and experimentation to complement automated checks
- Work with stakeholders to determine which features and defect fixes are critical to the end-user and business
- Work with stakeholders to identify reasonable quality goals based on product needs
- Work with the team to improve processes to ensure that the team meets those quality goals
- Measure how closely the product meets the quality goals set forth by the stakeholders, including risk as it applies to the quality of the product
- Carry out root-cause analysis of defects when they occur
- Partner with everyone from the Product Owner to Operations to help ensure that everyone is working towards the goal of delivering a quality working product into production
- Pair with developers to write clean and maintainable test code
- Ask questions and challenge others to consider the consequences of design decisions
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Understanding and knowledge of quality assurance processes and methods used in software development
- Team-oriented and possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and self-motivated in pursuit of new skills and understanding of software design and quality engineering
- Comfortable with different platforms such as websites, mobile apps, and backend API
- Knowledge of, and ability, to apply the concept of the test pyramid
- Minimum of 3 years experience with quality assurance and automate/manual testing of software applications
- Experience using technologies for detecting and tracking software defects automated testing frameworks such as Webdriver, Espresso, Capybara, Nightmare, Jest, etc.
- BDD, Cucumber, Postman, Rest Assured, Appium, Selenium (all, or some of these listed would be great!)
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience testing native mobile applications on Android or iOS
- Working knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as Junit, NUnit, Espresso, etc.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!World Wide Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, differently abled, veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape the views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.