Software Security Researcher
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Software Security Researcher
We are looking for people who understand that security is more than firewalls and encryption. Software security is becoming a bigger concern as more and more organizations are experiencing embarrassing public incidents with large losses of data. We're looking for people to:
• Expand the security content and capabilities of HPE Security Fortify products
• Improve HPE Security Fortify's ability to communicate with and educate customers about security issues
• Publish and present HPE Security Fortify's research and other relevant security topics
• Follow trends in software security and assess their significance
• Investigate and implement techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
• Discover new methods for automatic identification of vulnerabilities
• Extract the essence of known vulnerabilities to shape products of the future
• Identify new vulnerabilities in open source projects and customer code
HPE Security Fortify's Software Security Research team
The Software Security Research (SSR) team specializes in approaching security from the perspective of how we build and use software. SSR is the largest team of this type and is responsible for conducting security research which leads to enhanced security products as well as contributions to the HPE Security Research Blog, whitepapers, conference presentations, and annual HPE Cyber Risk Report.
SSR research in the past has identified new types of software vulnerabilities, defined the taxonomy used by all Fortify products and highlighted broad security problems in development practices. The team regularly speaks about these topics at major industry conferences, such as RSA, BlackHat, DefCon, HPE Protect, and OWASP APPSEC.
In addition, the SSR team is responsible for quarterly releases of security content for HPE Security Fortify products (Static Code Analyzer, WebInspect, Fortify on Demand, Application Defender, and Software Security Center Server). These updates expand the types of issues detected and platforms and libraries supported. Content updates are driven by customer needs and the SSR team's broader research agenda, allowing the Fortify products to keep up with a rapidly evolving development and security landscape.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering
• 6+ years' systems/software experience with strong focus in enterprise security.
• Proficient in multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Objective-C, SWIFT, .NET or C#/ASP.NET)
• Strong technical communication skills
• Interest in software security and secure development
• Exposure to common security software flaws
• Source code auditing experience (especially HPE Fortify SCA)
• Experience working in a large enterprise software development environment
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on: