Are you someone who excels at creating a exceptional user experience? Are you curious and driven to improve software development? We are looking for a Software Solutions Engineer to join us.
Based in Manassas, VA, you will be working alongside a dynamic team who are fully responsible for end to end delivery -- from customer engagementto operations.
As a driving forceof technological change, we operate in a truly agile way. You willhave the unique opportunities toexpand your reach in terms of knowledge, network and build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform.
We want theright people. If you have what it takes, we will have a role for your level of expertise.
What will make you successful?
- Professional skills & competencies
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset – we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
You expect as a Software Solutions Engineer to:
- Develop messaging application, integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems;
- Participate in design discussions
- Analyse detailed system factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware/software requirements, kernel settings, etc…;
- Participate in the definition and implementation of software components in collaboration with third party software providers;
- Prepare operating procedures;
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members. Develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations to customers on systems. Where appropriate, write system documentation and operating procedures;
- Support the delivered software and eventually become part of a 'Center of Expertise' problem solving team.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in systems development
- Entry level Knowledge of the following components is essential:
Essential Technical Skills & Competencies:
- OO programming techniques, Design Patterns, C++ techniques (memory management, multi-processing, multithreading, clustering), shell scripting (Korn-shell, PERL, TCL), static and dynamic libraries - C/C++ compilers, linkers, debuggers, profilers.
- Exposure to various OS platforms: Windows, UNIX (Oracle, HPUX), Linux (RedHat), common development on multi-platform and VM environment. IPC and kernel settings management.
- Network protocols: TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP/S, UDP
Technical Skills that are an asset:
- Database technologies (Oracle)
- Software development environments and tools: Configuration Management (ClearCase), Integrated Development Environment (Visual Studio or Eclipse),
- Change Management - Familiarity with development and integration using SWIFT Interfaces products forFIN and SWIFTNet is a strong asset
Professional skills & competencies:
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change,
- Take accountability for delivering results,
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral),
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and a generous range of benefits. Including:
- 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision
- Excellent training and career development opportunities
- 4 weeks paid vacation & 12 Public Holidays
- Friendly, professional, stable working environment where one can grow in their career
- Company Functions & Community Outreach Programs
- A fantastic working environment in newly renovated spaces, we now offer open workspaces contributing to our collaborative environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting a culture of continuous development. Our culture values diversity and strives for sustainability. We support each employee to develop critical competencies in line with career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. Including online and professional courses, hands-on training, internal mobility and excellent networking opportunities.
People are the foundations of our success. We depend on technological and business excellence – and offer flexible working based on your role and team, so you can strike the right work-life balance.
SWIFT is world’s leading provider of secure financial messaging services. Our messaging platform, products and services connect more than 11,000 institutions. We enable our global community of users to communicate securely, exchanging standardized financial messages in a reliable way, thereby facilitating global and local financial flows, and supporting trade and commerce all around the world.