Solidus is searching for a Software Systems Engineer. You will be joining a team that researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for industrial, military, aerospace, and general computing applications.
- Conduct statutory/regulatory independent technical assessments of AOC Weapon System IT components and applications to assess the status of software efforts as well as risks and issues
- Perform independent software parametric analysis of development progress based on parameters received from program offices to quantitatively predict completion dates
- Critically review program milestone documentation and contractor deliverables to assess software equities across all phases of the system acquisition life cycle from advanced development planning, estimating, deployment decisions, and sustainment
- Sets operational specifications and formulates/analyzes software requirements.
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain an Active Secret Clearance or higher level clearance (i.e. Top Secret)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an Engineering Discipline
- 6+ years' experience as a software developer/software engineer
- Software engineering expertise including a strong background in Software Engineering on DoD military platforms, Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), Agile development, Software Measurement and Metrics, Software Security, Systems Integration, Software Testing, and Software Sustainment
- Experience using predictive SW metrics and quantitative analysis techniques to gauge software quality, schedule and readiness in support of data based decision making
- Knowledge of Software Requirements Management (stability, traceability, dependencies, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of the DoD weapon system acquisition and Systems Engineering processes defined in DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.02 and the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG)
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or another technical or quantitative discipline.
- Familiarity with DoD data repositories
- Expertise with modern large scale SW development (e.g. CI/CD/automation/full-stack/DevOps/cloud/Amazon Web Services (AWS)) processes
- Prior experience as a chief software engineer or architect on a program
- Experience in assessing software schedule realism (e.g., experience in evaluating the viability and degree of optimism in software schedules
- Active US DoD Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years or
- Experience working in Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and general understanding of processes and procedures in support of execution of the Air Tasking Order (ATO) and Airspace Control Order (ACO).
Req ID: 4451
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.