Trimble is recruiting for an Tech Lead to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
Virtual Site Solutions (VSS) is a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar Inc. responsible for the development of Web and Mobile telematics IoT software solutions for the construction industry. The joint venture is a globally distributed team with offices in Westminster, CO; Christchurch, New Zealand; and Chennai, India.
The candidate will have the opportunity to gain excellent on-the-job experience working for a fast-moving software division building full-stack microservices. You will develop performant, scalable applications that are translated into 23 languages and used in 192 countries. Scale messages per second processing throughput. Scale large volume of time based data. Applications run in Amazon Web Services and you will leverage Docker, AngularJS, WebPack, Bootstrap, TypeScript, NodeJS, C# .NET Core and Apache Kafka. Come join us if you like solving hard scaling problems that involve billions of rows.
Business Title: Tech lead
Interesting problems you can help us solve:
- Scale throughput of machine control data from construction equipment located all over the globe
- Improve performance of aggregating data across billions of rows
- Add value to a back office application used to manage hi-tech construction sites
- Drive containerization for multiple applications
- Expert level experience with .NET WebAPI2 api development
- Strong engineering leadership skills, lead by example and ability to achieve challenging goals as a team player in international environment
- Has good instincts that lead to correct solutions most of the time
- Has a positive "can do" attitude. Try to figure out how to do something without understanding all the data points.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Integration testing and Agile processes
- Ability to move from high level design into details.
- Strong DevOps skills and ability to solve infrastructure problem with a support of other teams
- Both hands-on and delegation skills. Is able to perform challenging coding tasks but also understands how to delegate and coach others for growth.
- Good concise communication skills. Able to work with product owners and translate business concepts into features into code
- Strong work ethic. Self-motivated, able to self-direct, positive attitude.
- Working with other teams in a global organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, creative, innovative and open-minded.
- Problem-solving and time management skills
- Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment
- B.S. in Computer Science
Nice to have skills:
- AngularJS, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Webpack
- Docker swarm or kubernetes deployment
- Jenkins and CI deployment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Apache Kafka and Apache Ignite
- 3D visualisation technologies
- Experience developing large-scale distributed systems
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D