Amick Brown is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 1 year
Description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Software Test Engineer
Department: Digital Design Quality Assurance
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports to: Lead Software Test engineer
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together
Primary Function of Position:
The ideal candidate for the position of Software Test Engineer will have experience in developing automation scripts and tools to champion the code quality principles for the growing Digital landscape, as it relates to the delivery of our omni-channel customer experience modules, backend infrastructure, data and applications. This position would be responsible for operating within fast-paced initiatives, in an Agile lifecycle. This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with highly technical peers, and the capability to manage workload among changing priorities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and Develop frameworks to test scalability, performance and load of applications
- Initial and continued development of scripts and automation of applications to support product verification and validations
- Understanding and adherence to company design control process and documentation practices
- Product bug and enhancements escalations to development and operations teams
- Act as a core team member of the software/data dev teams during product definition and design phases enforcing design aspects for test tools and automation needs.
- Ownership in design, development of test protocols for functional SW verification
- Execution and support for Data product verification and product/data validation
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical area desired with 3-4 years’ experience working in a regulated environment or equivalent, or master’s degree with Minimum 2-3 years’ experience.
- 3-5 years of hands-on recent work experience in Python (including writing scripts, utilities, test tool development and test framework) (required)
- 3-5 years of hands on experience on Performance/Load/Stress Testing (required)
- Experience in creating Test Automation Framework (required)
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience of Testing process and documentation (Test cases, scripts, RTM/defect reports) (required)
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with SQL Server, Java, Windows & Linux Operating systems (preferred)
- 1+ years of hands-on experience of Continuous Integration Testing (Jenkins) (required)
- 1+ years of hands-on experience of Software Test Life cycle (STLC) (required)
- Understanding of the Waterfall and Agile SDLC (required)
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company (required)
- Understanding of Networking principles and concepts (preferred)
- Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (required)
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills (required)
- Quick learner who can think out of the box
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline desired
- Eligibility to legally work in the United States
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs