At DISH, our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.
High-level job responsibilities:
At DISH, the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team's mission is to deliver software that meets business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. As a member of the TQA Team, the Software Test Engineer II is a key contributor to the overall software delivery team in a fast-paced IT environment testing multiple applications. They will ensure software meets the business requirements by designing and executing test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Analyze system requirements for various computer system modules.
- Develop test automation for data ingestion into data lakes and transformations into data analytics layers.
- Execute and maintain tests for the big data\\data warehouse.
- Log and track problems (bugs).
- Assist developers with debugging prod incidents.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship around testing, automation, and frameworks.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University (computer science or engineering field); and three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience developing automated Data Warehouse tests with the AWS platform.
- Experience using Anthena,Redshift and Databricks.
- Experience with ETL, big data, data science and data warehouse test tools.
- Experienced with reporting tools and BI testing.
- Telecom and 5G domain knowledge required.
- Understanding of Agile and SCRUM.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as ALM, or a similar tool is desirable
- Experience with integrating test automation within a continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Compensation: $55,800.00/Yr. - $87,450.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.