Software Test Engineer
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you demonstrate skills in both software development and testing processes. You will use an analytical, engineering-focused approach and knowledge of programming languages to develop code that validates code. You will have the opportunity to build and deploy tests that run in an automated framework. Collaboration with external, dependent teams is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the end-to-end testing for software releases, related to a multi-billion-dollar digital commerce (B2B, B2C) business
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs
- Own the maintenance and extension of an entire software development test suite and framework and serve as a technical lead within our delivery teams on complex projects.
- Develop, maintain, and run test automation for various environments, including desktop, mobile web, and mobile app.
- Assist in the requirements clarification for new features and capabilities, with a focus on testability and complexity.
- Expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration level.
- Create test code that is comprehensive, accurate, and repeatable. Create tests for both positive and negative scenarios.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues that occur during the testing of integrated services
- Focus on continuous improvements needed to maximize QA
- As needed, work with application support teams to efficiently identify and resolve production issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., product owners, delivery/development, enterprise engineering, performance engineering, digital security, and more).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer systems related field required. MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience: 5+ years of quality assurance experience in an agile lifecycle.
- Solid experience in application design and development
- Strong background in programming with Java
- Strong background with Selenium Webdriver
- Solid experience with REST service design and Spring web services
- Experience with databases, such as Oracle SQL, MySQL, NoSQL , and data access methodologies (Stored procedures, Dynamic SQL, prepared statements)
- Experience with Linux
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed/cross-team environment
Nice to Have Competencies:
- SAP Commerce Cloud (hybris) development experience