Kforce has a client that is immediately seeking a proven Software Test Engineer for our enterprise technology development client in Austin, Texas (TX).
Our client is seeking a Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for executing and ensuring that the quality of their storage products. You will work in a fast-paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and fascinating problems. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, have deep understanding of Software QA process, shall be proficient with Server/Storage HW management. The candidate must have precise attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and can articulate and communicate with a high level of proficiency through written and verbal communication.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Design, develop, and execute detail-oriented test cases in QMetry from User Stories in JIRA and functional requirements
* Report comprehensive and detailed defects found in testing promptly and accurately in JIRA
* Design, modify and/or run manual and automated tests
* Test on various hypervisor environments and OS(s) such as ESXI, Hyper-V and Linux
* Set up and administer test lab equipment
* Report test progress with weekly status updates
* Create and update test documentation as necessary
* Attend daily Scrum meetings to determine project progress and identify any potential roadblocks
* At least 3 years of Software Testing experience in a professional Software Development environment
* Ability to work independently or within a team environment
* Ability to multi-task successfully while meeting project deadlines
* Experience with defect-tracking tools such as JIRA or Bugzilla
* Experience working within an Agile software development environment
* Some experience with Server, Network and Storage hardware in a lab environment
* Experience working in different hypervisor environments such as ESXI and Hyper-V
* Experience with software test automation
* Some experience with scripting in Python
* Knowledge or experience testing with REST API
* Working knowledge or experience with VMware and virtualization
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.