Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!Job Summary
The Leidos Intelligence Group frequently has career opportunities for Software Test Engineer's in Hanover, MD. When funded positions are available, the Software Test Engineer will become a member of a cross-functional team responsible for the development and maintenance of test cases, executing and documenting manual and automated testing, and working with software engineers, system engineers, platform engineers, system administrators, and other test engineers to validate development and maintenance activities.Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with software engineers to develop effective strategies and test cases
- Creating automated testing frameworks and test harnesses
- Discovering, reporting, and tracking testing defects
- Analyzing test results and reporting performance, load, and other issues using issues management tool
- Developing, executing, and maintaining acceptance, integration, and system tests
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Perform continuous functional and regression testing
- An active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph is required for this position
- System/Software Test Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to computer engineering or computer science discipline
- Expereince ranges from 5 to 20+ years of relevant experience. will be considered. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for degree
Experience designing, creating, and executing manual and automated testing solutions including analysis of results to determine adequacy of testing
Experience testing in Linux/CentOS environment.
Working knowledge of test management software (ex. SoapUI, Selenium, JUnit, JRunner, Sonar, etc.)
Web communication protocols, i.e. JSON, REST, SOAP.
Software testing tools or utilities such as SoapUI, Jenkins and SonarQube
scripting languages such as Groovy, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
Creating and managing cronjobs.
Working knowledge of
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol,
Public Key Infrastructure version repositories (such as Git, SVN, CVS, etc.), and SQL
Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile development team using superior time management to triage issues and prioritize tasks
Able to clearly communicate technical issues and ideas orally and written to superiors and subordinates across all engineering disciplines
CONMDcareers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software EngineeringPay Range: